Who Is Our Mystery Joli Dancer™ ?
Hi my name is Franchesca. I am 19 years old. I grew up in Crown Point, Indiana with amazing parents and three siblings I could not live without (2 sisters, 1 brother). I was always a very active kid, wanting to be on the go and doing new things, I literally could never sit still. I started dancing when I was three years old and found that dance was something I was passionate about. After fifteen years I needed to pursue dance as more than just a competitive sport. At eighteen years old, I moved to Los Angles, California to follow my dreams, with my long time friend Kyleen, who is also a dancer. I have now been in California for about a year and a half and it has been a truly unique life experience. I am constantly learning new things about myself and discovering that I have other passions I want to pursue. Although I love to dance, and have done well for myself since being in LA, I began pursuing yoga for the expansion of my mind and soul. I recently graduated from instructor training, and very soon will be teaching my own classes. A large goal of mine is to open up my own health facility, with a yoga studio and personal health mantra to encompass the mind and body. Recently, I discovered how strongly I felt about helping others with alopecia. Did I forget to mention I also have alopecia?
I developed Alopecia Areata (partial, spotting loss of hair), when I was in first grade, which further developed into Alopecia Totalis (total hair loss) when I was 10. I grew up like a normal teenager with a great group of friends, boyfriends, schoolwork, dance classes and competitions, and a loving family; The Alopecia has never gotten in the way of anything I wanted or how I have wanted to live. Why would I let it? The greatest thing my mom ever told me was, “Hair is just an asset, you are not sick”. She said this when I was first diagnosed with Alopecia, and it changed the way I lived my life, because she was right: I am not sick. I can do anything a person with hair can do. Having Alopecia at such a young age, you worry about your family, and how they might be hurting for you and your struggle. If you are confident with yourself you need to let your family know, though. Tell them you are happy the way you are, and they will stop being hurt for you. I’ll never forget when I told my mom I wouldn’t be any happier with hair than I was without it. After that, my family was very positive, and I have felt no different than any other kid, since. With that confidence, I was able to show my peers how unaffected by my hair loss I was, and they treated me like any other kid. All I have done until now has been without the support of the Alopecia community, but now I want to help promote the confidence all people with Alopecia should feel. I am so excited to become part of the Alopecia community, so I can share stories like this! I look forward to reading and answering all your questions! Ask me about anything: how I grew up, my social life, my dance career, yoga, my struggles, my accomplishments, or anything that pops into your head!
About the Joli Dancer™ from Joli Caméléon™
And Our Other Advanced Design Collections for the Alopecian Community.
The Joli Caméléon™ Team has been privileged to work closely with hundreds of Alopecians for many years now. Joli Caméléon is delighted to offer you not just one choice of advanced design wigs, but 3 unique, beautiful, natural, hair replacement collections. All of them require NO tape or glue, for a secure comfortable fit. All of them feature a small lace front for the ultimate natural hairline.
The Joli Caresse™ is for those who insist on the best without compromise. This is a truly luxury experience with our rare European Super Fine™™ hair, featuring a French top (hidden knots) and cuticle intact ponytail hair (not descaled),
The Joli Liberté™ offers you a similar luxury experience, without the luxury price tag. It features our partially descaled European Fine™™ amazing quality hair with easy manageability and still with a French top.
Both of these collections feature our ComfortFit™ lined, close-wefted back to create a snug fit that conforms to most head shapes. They can be ordered in 5 sizes (or custom fit to a mold) at least 6 different lengths, and 10 beautiful color blends, each made up of 2 or 3 colors. We also carry some pieces in our Los Angeles and London inventory for those with a more urgent need.
Then there is the all-new Joli Dancer™ – a completely new kind of ultra-lightweight, all hand-tied natural hair system. Joli Caméléon has created for you something unlike anything that has existed before: with a “like it’s not there” feel, featuring our very affordable, excellent quality Mondial-1™ Eurasian Hair. In spite of its innovation, it costs half the price of today’s more expensive European hair wigs.
The Joli Caresse, Joli Liberté and the all hand-tied Joli Dancer can be custom fitted at your local authorized Joli Caméléon hair studio. Or ask them to try on the 5 standard size fitting-caps, as well as see all your length and color choices.
Joli Caresse™ Cap code: SAP1-E1 $$$$$
- Hair Application: Luxury hair replacement for women & children with little or no hair of their own. Designed with Alopecia Areata in mind, especially, Totalis & Universalis. Featuring our rarest, most expensive European hair. Secure, comfortable fit requires no tape or glue, even for active lifestyles.
- Hair-type: European Super Fine™™
- Description: Hand-tied Flexi-French™ Top for natural scalp look. Hidden knots. ComfortFit™ back. Small lace front. Joli UltraGrip™ panels made from highest quality US manufactured silicone to our specifications.
Joli Liberté™ Cap code: SAP2-E2 $$$
- Hair Application: The perfect alternative to the Joli Caresse™. A luxury wig without the luxury price tag. Beautiful hair replacement for women & children with little or no hair of their own. Designed with Alopecia Areata in mind, especially, Totalis & Universalis. Featuring our beautiful European blended hair. Secure, comfortable fit requires no tape or glue, even for active lifestyles.
- Hair-type: European Fine™™
- Description: Hand-tied Flexi-French™ Top for natural scalp look. Hidden knots & returns. ComfortFit™ lined, close-wefted back to fit most head shapes. Small lace front. Joli UltraGrip™ panels made from highest quality US manufactured silicone to our specifications.
Joli Dancer™ Cap code: SAP3-M1 $$
- Hair Application: A completely new design with amazing hair at an affordable price. This purpose-designed, feather-light, all hand-tied, hair replacement option for women & children with little or no hair of their own, features our flexible French top with natural scalp look. Secure, comfortable fit requires no tape or glue, for a “like it’s not there” feel. Designed with Alopecia Areata in mind, especially, Totalis & Universalis. Suitable for active lifestyles. For children, you and they can feel confident when wearing a Joli Dancer at school, even during playtime.
- Hair-type: European Standard™™
- Description: Flexi-French™ Top for natural scalp look. Hidden knots. All Hand-tied. Small lace front. Joli UltraGrip™ panels made from highest quality US manufactured silicone to our specifications.
Key to Joli Caméléon™ Hair Types
European Super Fine™™ – Rare, luxurious, cuticle intact, ponytail European hair. Incomparable.
European Fine™™ – Finest quality blend of cuticle correct, ponytail European & Eurasian hair. Compare with European hair offerings from other vendors.
European Standard™™ – Best cuticle correct, ponytail Eurasian hair available. Proprietary processes & finer than typical Asian hair.